meresplace

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Avoiding Beauty

Busy, busy, busy. That's what my friends always say I am. Two points of view here
1. That I'm so busy there is no time for anything else. Some might say that it's a busyness to avoid things in my life.
2. My Dad always says, "You can sleep when you get to heaven." Seeing as though I was raised... behind a boat, on ski slopes, riding dirt bikes, in a tent, at a hotel, in a plane, with a racket, at the pool, in a gym tumbling around, on a bike, with some sort of ball, on a computer, with a paint brush, hammer or other tool, hiking the great outdoors, and cheering folks on from the sidelines it's no doubt that I have many, MANY interests.

I love life and all the many things there are to enjoy here on earth. As I've grown up I've had to learn what my parents were pretty good at... Keeping me entertained. There is a fine balance when you are a very inquisitive person!

Dealing with the emotions post my parents accident has been incredibly difficult. At first I couldn't so I kept very busy being out with friends so that I didn't have to face time alone. Currently I am facing the impact their accident has made on my life and it's not been easy. Yes it includes a counselor.

This morning the pastor had a very valid point that I think we all need to think about. When you choose to stay busy busy and avoid what God is teaching you then you are also avoiding the blessing that God is wanting to give you. Though things are hard I'm glad that I can now handle them on my own. In doing so my weakness is made strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9:
9But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!

written 7/20/08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home