meresplace

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Malibu

This weekend I went up to British Columbia, Canada to visit old friends and serve as part of the work crew at the Young Life's Malibu Club. It was an amazing weekend filled with numerous blessings that I did not anticipate. The biggest blessings came in self revelations.

1. I realized that I still have some anger from a prior relationship with an old boyfriend.
2. Currently I don't have a deep enough Christian and social community in Nashville.
3. Standing out on the Big Sqawka deck I began to feel overwhelmed by the impact of my parents accident on my life. While weeping I praised God that he spared their lives.

One thing that stood out to me was the way everyone loved each other. Perhaps it's from them spending so much time at this spiritually blessed place on earth? Perhaps it's just the depth of their relationships with God. I'm not sure but one thing is for sure. My friends love each other well. For this I'm so grateful. It's like seeing a bit of what heaven will be like.

Here's an example...
A friend who had recently experienced a trauma in her life was having a moment that she couldn't handle on her own. From what I've been learning this is not abnormal when you go through traumatic events. Those close to her rallied around camp to fill in the spot she was supposed to be working AND the spot of her boyfriend so that he could comfort her through this hard time. Everyone was very understanding. There was no question about how and what was supposed to be done or how because these folks had been working hard at pulling her through this season of life. It was such a beautiful thing to watch. Later no one made her feel uncomfortable for not being able to handle that afternoon. Can you guys imagine? This is the way we are supposed to live in community. We are to learn how to love each other well. Do you know how to love your friends as they need to be loved? If so are you doing it? Seek the Lord for guidance. He is the lover of all.

written 5.27.08 Nashville, TN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home