meresplace

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

So He's My Brother...

A friend recently told me that a good way to not get emotional about guys is to think of them as I would think of my brother. It's pretty easy to be "just friends" with my brother. I mean it would be illegal otherwise! One thing I am pretty good at is being a sister. In particular an older sister. The friend also said to think of guys in my life as someone else's future husband. I've heard this thought before but it's never sunk into my thick skull.

Over the course of the last week I've learned through exhaustion, time with God and acceptance that I need to relinquish control of my life to God. I try too hard to make things perfect which in turn decapitates the Holy Spirit within me. It's not fun and leaves me wicked stressed out. So... I'm learning painfully to let things evolve as they may, to have more patience and how to care more for others.

I want peace in my life. I see peace in others lives. I want that same peace. I want to trust, to be just and to be loyal to those I'm surrounded by.

Written 6/27/08, the day before my brothers birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home